(1) All People are motivated. We cannot motivate them. We can only guide them by their motivations.
(2) People do things for their own reasons; not for yours or mine. Show people what they want and they will move heaven and earth to get it.
(3) People change because of pain. When the pain of staying the same becomes greater than the pain of changing, people will change.
(4) The key to all effective communication is identification. When something becomes personal, it becomes interesting.
(5) The best way to get people to pay attention to you is to pay attention to them. Little things mean a lot.
(6) Pride is a powerful motivator. Everybody is proud of something.
(7) You cannot change people; only their behaviors. Attack the behavior; not the person.
(8) The worker’s perception becomes the supervisor’s reality. What they see is what you get.
(9) You consistently get the behaviors you consistently expect and reinforce. Reinforcement can be positive or negative.
(10) We all judge ourselves by our motives; but we judge others by their actions. Any of us can do anything we can convince ourselves we are justified in doing.