You hear other people say it and you’ve probably said it
1,000 times or more. “Life’s too short.”
What better reason to take each and every day and live it
out loud. Now, I hear this sentiment once in a while but
rarely is it put in such a way where the message doesn’t
sound like a commercial for Mountain Dew.
What a gift life is. Another day. Wow.
Think about it. You are the sum total of all your days up
until now. Every day has gone into creating you. When you’re
70, 80, 90 what a horrible shame it would be if you were to
look back and think, “I didn’t do so many things I wanted to
do. I was mad or scared half the time.”
Use today to get where you want to go.
Maybe you’re behind your pre-determined schedule. Perhaps
you wanted to do more by now than you have.
That’s not a problem.
You’ve got today. How lucky you are…
Don’t even think about putting it off ’til tomorrow. Even if
there’s no place to go or big goal you can work on today,
you can do something else.
Look around. Things may be bustling, pushing, moving at
cyber speed. But you can be alone in your thoughts and see
whatever you want. That mountain is there just for you.
“Awesome.” Your mother’s voice. Beautiful. You may never
hear it again. Your kids. Precious. Your friends. They love
you. Enjoy it.
Is there crap? Huge difficult challenges? Sure, but you can
learn from it. That’s good, right? Just notice the good
stuff right now.
What could possibly make today great? A bunch of stuff. And
don’t think that playing or lounging is the only way to
celebrate your day. What can you do?
* Do your best at work – Make today your crowning
* Recognize someone else – Put a smile on some faces.
* Find out about someone else – Someone on your “team.” Be
* Take some time off if you need to – There might be some
roses that need smelling.
* Call someone you haven’t talked to in a while. Or pay ‘em
* Meditate – With no goal in mind. Just notice your thoughts.
* Look in the mirror – You’re a pretty cool person.
Recognize it. It’s true.
* Read a chapter – learning is your ticket to where ever you
want to go.
* Look at your victory log – And do something today to add
* Laugh – at yourself, others, cartoons, TV shows,
commercials. Just laugh.
And I’m sure that you can think of more stuff. The important
Today is a beautiful day.
But if your perspective is screwed up, you won’t see it.
Review the list above and add to it if you like. Review it
regularly and your view will change. Guaranteed.
Don’t make feeling good so hard. It’s not. You don’t have to
be at Disney World to have a good day.
Today is God’s gift to you. Appreciate the gift no matter
what it is that you find yourself involved in. It was given
Accept it with love.
by Mike Brescia